Friday, September 12, 2008

Salamander's Salad

3 to 4 leaves of green lettuce, shredded
3 to 4 leaves of arugula lettuce, shredded
handful of organic walnut halves
handful of organic dried cranberries
2 grilled chicken tenders; sliced and diced
1/2 apple; peeled, cored, sliced and diced
15 green or red seedless grapes

Mix the shredded lettuces, walnut halves, cranberries and chicken together in a salad plate (or a small bowl). Sprinkle with cracked pepper and dried or fresh parsley. Serve diced apple and grapes on the side (Salamander likes to toss these into his salad himself).

For a salad dressing, I make my own using Hains Lite Safflower Mayonnaise, mixed with a little olive oil and some dried parsley. We also discovered Maple Grove Farms of Vermont All Natural Maple Fig dressing (I'll add a linkie thingie as soon as blogger will let me) this week, and Salamander tried it tonite. So far, so good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum! I'll have to try this for Charlie. I think he'll love it since he loves veggies, salad and chicken.