Monday, September 8, 2008

Easy Brownies

Couple of quick teasers.. as I am in between projects and need to do something FUN for a few minutes.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Namaste Brownie Mix. TG my WFM carries it (but I see that the Namaste website allows buying in bulk.. hmm, not a bad idea for Bday parties and class room parties)

Here are the ingredients (yes, it DOES contain rice. Salamander is fine with rice, I need to limit it for Potatey. That's why rice is part of my 7 day starch rotation):

Organic evaporated cane juice, sweet brown rice flour, Dutch cocoa, tapioca flour, arrowroot flour, salt, and xanthan gum.

The mix calls for adding eggs, water and oil. Salamander was egg free for almost 2 years, but now eggs are back in (but only once a week). I have made this mix in the past using 1 cup of apple sauce of 1 cup of pear sauce. When you do that, the brownies are not quite as gooey (and Potatey likes his brownies gooey), they are a little more *bread* like. Still delish though..

Oh, Salamander and I also adapted a recipe from a kids' cook book (published by US Borne, I posted about the book itself on the OurTravelsInBiomedland blog). I need to find my notes back, and once I do I will post that recipe too.

No comments: